Tuesday, September 22, 2009

-{ Fabric Flowers}-

My husband has school on Mondays and Wednesday nights until quite late. So usually I spend my weekends thinking of lots of grand crafts, then Monday I shop for all the supplies, and Tuesday and Wednesday nights are spent doing nothing but crafts!

My craft for tonight is making lots and lots of fabric yoyos and flowers. I started practicing yoyos on Sunday with some scrap fabric I had around the house. It took me about 2 yoyos before I felt like I was getting the hang of them. They take me about 10 minutes a piece, but I am getting faster. The bigger the yoyo, the easier, I think.

Last night I attempted the flower- and I thought that since the bigger the yoyo, the easier, the same would apply with the flower. I made the 'large' flower... and it is huge! It would be cute clipped to a bag, but I am more interested in smaller flowers for pins, hair clips, and headbands, so it won't work for what I need it for. Tonight I will try the 'small' flower and let you know how it goes!

*Lots of cute flower ideas found at Little Birdie Secrets

No comments:

Post a Comment