Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hemming jeans

          I am 5'1" and a bit... curvy... yes, curvy; that's a great word... The combination of the two makes shopping for jeans difficult. If the jeans are the right length, they are way too tight, and when the jeans fit my waist, they are either highwaters or way too long. I found this tutorial a few weeks back, and finally tried out the technique. So far, I'm loving it!


I took about 2 1/2 inches off these jeans, wow! I wish I had taken a before shot so you could see the difference, believe me, it's huge.
                                  

     It was my first time hemming, and I am still very novice at sewing, so considering, I think they turned out pretty well. I love that they don't look hemmed (unless you look really closely) they still look natural since they have the original hem. I still have to throw them in the washer and dryer and see how they wash. I have a feeling I might have to iron the bottoms after every wash, but that is a small price to pay for pants that fit!

1 comment:

  1. holy...i pay $18 to get this done.
    They look GREAT, i'm coming to you next time britt

    ReplyDelete