Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What do you do at 4am?

                                                                I craft, of course!
          
   My hubby and I have decided to make a monthly meal plan menu instead of weekly. And we are determined to stick to the menu. I decided we needed an erasable calendar to keep track of our plan. Ben Franklin's had these frames (around $4.50 w/ a coupon).

          
Ben Franklin's also had clear plastic 12x12 blank calendars that look so cute... but they were $6! I knew I could do something almost  as cute for a lot less $$. Ruler + Sharpie= free. Much better. I thought some black electrical tape would give a really finished look, but the tape we had was too wide so I decided not to use it.
                                        
  To write the days of the week, I used a dry erase marker to write the days and then turned the glass over and traced the letters with a Sharpie  (otherwise you have to write backwards...)

Add some scrapbook paper and I'm almost finished...


But why stop there? The frame needed to painted and distressed, of course.

Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment