Friday, November 6, 2009

Selfish Service*

   For Enrichment this month we were supposed to choose a service project to do from a list of options we were given. I made a few hygiene kits, but also signed up to make a wall hanging. The wall hangings are sent all over the world but are usually hung in orphanages where the children often go color blind from seeing nothing but dirt floors and bare walls. I was just learning to applique, so thought I would try an applique quilt.

This is the front of the quilt with the peices attached. That was the easy part... it's the sewing that's been taking me forever! It's been fun and I am learning a lot about what I would do differently next time. I am supposed to make to, but at the rate I am going, I'll be lucky to have this one finished in time :)
Thanks to my aunt Melissa for all the fabric scraps!
* Cody calls this "selfish service" because if I use the excuse "I have to buy it, it's for a service project" he can't say no :)

1 comment: