Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Craft Cabinet

   I saw a cabinet someone had bought on KSL and refinished for their craft odds and ends. Cabinet found here (she has so many cute refinished KSL finds on her blog)

I went on a search for my own KSL steal. This is what I found for $20

(I am kicking myself for giving my sister the tv cabinet I had that was almost exactly like this :) It just goes to show that furniture can be recycled by using it in a different way than you think it should be used for.)

I convinced by husband to take me to pick up my find... I wasn't sure if our marriage would survive after the 3 hour trip, but luckily we are still happily married.
I made the mistake of not asking the seller for his exact address until we were on our way there. I just knew the city he lived in, which wasn't too far. I just didn't realize once we got to the city he lived in the middle of nowhere and it would take another 30 minutes to get to his house :)

Now the cabinet is happily living in my spare bedroom waiting for the weather to warm up so I can paint it (along with this) and put new handles on it. I love having my cabinet that closes to keep all my craft things in. My desk actually looks like a desk now!
 

2 comments:

  1. That is cute cant beat $20 either

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for loving my redos! That craft cabinet is going to be darling, and what a steal for the price!!

    ReplyDelete