Friday, November 6, 2009

Shower planning

Normally I wouldn't post all my plans for a shower that hasn't happened yet... But I know for a fact no one who is coming reads my blogs :)
My only real instructions came from my mother-in-law who really wanted the shower to have something to do with groceries. So this is what I came up with:
The invitation... behold:




I am pretty darn proud of these things. I think they turned out so good! The thought is when the invite is in the brown bag it looks like a bag of groceries. I then put the invite in the brown bag in another brown envelope with a recipe card.
Click on the pic to enlarge to read the cute poem I wrote :)

This is the party favor.  My sister-in-law got a killer deal on the brownie mixes and the wooden spoons were 4/$1 at Walmart. Can't beat that!

My sister had this adorable mini shopping cart so I put the game prizes in it. I think it looks so perfect!

    Like I said, we included a recipe card with the invitations for everyone to fill out and bring with them to the shower. We found matching recipe cards, coupon books, shopping lists, and a recipe card holder in the $1 section at Michaels.
   On the invite, we asked everyone fill out the recipe card we included with the invite with their favorite recipe and for the shower gift, we asked they bring the items needed to make the recipe. The recipes will be given to the bride to be in the matching box.

If you can't tell, I am super excited about this shower! I never get to plan parties like this. And doing the planning with my sister-in-law makes it even better. I can't wait to show you how everything turns out!!

1 comment: